Contains ~20g of hand-made beeswax-coated wicks and one cork float for use with any appropriate glass votive lamp and olive oil.
Instructions for Use
- Position the cork float with the metal side up. This shields the cork from the flame; using it upside-down could result in a fire.
- Insert a wax wick into the hole from the top. You can adjust the length of the flame by moving the wick up and down (extinguish the flame before doing so).
- Bend the metal tabs upward. This allows you to grasp the cork float without getting oily fingers.
- Fill your glass votive with any vegetable oil (olive oil is traditional and works best) and carefully place the cork float on the surface. Light the wick and enjoy the flame.
The wicks will last for several burning sessions. When the wick begins to disintegrate, grasp the bottom of the wick and pull it through. Wipe the excess oil and ash from the metal and insert a new wick.
- Do not burn lamps unattended. Children should not use fire unattended.
- Keep flammable items away from the lamp, especially above it.
- Refill the oil in your vigil lamp when one-quarter to one-third of the oil is used up. This will prevent the glass from overheating and causing unpleasant odors.
Delivery & Returns
Our icons are hand-crafted and made-to-order. Allow time for production. Please note that your chosen shipping method does not include production time. (For example, if you select 2 day shipping, your order will be delivered 2 days after it ships, not 2 days after the order is placed.) Please visit our Shipping FAQ page for more information about how long you can expect production to take.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. Also note that we ship international orders DDU. When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page. Click here to learn more about shipping.
We allow returns for many of our items, but restrictions apply. Please visit our Return Policy page for more information.
I never thought I'd review candili wicks, because I thought they were all the same, but these are so much better! Compared to the regular pink ones: 1. they are so much more consistent in thickness 2. they are all perfectly straight 3. they burn well for an unbelievably long time, at least twice as long
I love the smell of the beeswax wicks and they burn for a long time. Highly recommend this product!
Will order again.
I had never used beeswax wicks before and I was skeptical, but they burn very well with a nice steady flame.
These wicks last for days. My wife tends to the vigil lamp in our house and she keeps it burning 24/7. I can't tell how long one wick lasts but it is several days of constant burn easily. The first week we went through two bottles of oil with one wick.
We've used the float for a number of weeks and have not needed to use a new wick yet. It works very well and is a beautiful addition to our set of candles.
Cork float works great, wicks last longer than you'd expect. We leave our lamp lit for long periods of time and the wicks seem to last a fair amount of time. If only lit for morning and evening prayer, they'd last forever.
I purchased a single order a week or so ago, unsure how long such little wicks could possibly last. Much to my surprise, I'm still using my first wick. I burn it every night (some times for hours at a time) and I'm still on my first wick. I highly suggest using this product with the Brass Engraved Incense Burner also sold by Legacy Icons. Even when I've extinguished the bees wax candles, and after the incense has stopped burning, I often let this wick continue to burn, as it looks so beautiful in the brass burner. I'll defiantly be purchasing more, though, clearly not for a long time (as it's been over a week and I still have 74 of 75 left to burn).
Absolutely fantastic! A must have for your icon corner; the wicks last a long time and emit the perfect flame. I would highly recommend!