Contains three replacement cork floats, made in Greece. Only for use with wax wicks, sold separately.
Instructions for Use
- Position the cork float with the metal side up. This shields the cork from the flame; using it upside-down could result in a fire.
- Insert a wax wick into the hole from the top. You can adjust the length of the flame by moving the wick up and down (extinguish the flame before doing so).
- Bend the metal tabs upward. This allows you to grasp the cork float without getting oily fingers.
- Fill your glass votive with any vegetable oil (olive oil is traditional and works best) and carefully place the cork float on the surface. Light the wick and enjoy the flame.
The wicks will last for several burning sessions. When the wick begins to disintegrate, grasp the bottom of the wick and pull it through. Wipe the excess oil from the metal and insert a new wick.
- Do not burn lamps unattended. Children should not use fire unattended.
- Keep flammable items away from the lamp, especially above it.
- Refill the oil in your vigil lamp when one-quarter to one-third of the oil is used up. This will prevent the glass from overheating and causing unpleasant odors.