Use this unique clock to keep Byzantine Time, the canonical timekeeping method of ancient Christianity. With a 24-hour timepiece, the hour hand goes around once per day.
The hour hand tracks the nominal position of the sun: at noon (the 6th hour of the day), it points straight up; at midnight (the 6th hour of the night), it points straight down. The attractive clock face makes it easy to calibrate and keep track of the canonical time:
- 1st Hour of the Day - First Hour/Prime (7:00 AM)
- 3rd Hour of the Day - Third Hour/Terce (9:00 AM)
- 6th Hour of the Day - Sixth Hour/Sext (noon)
- 9th Hour of the Day - Ninth Hour/None (3:00 PM)
- 12th Hour of the Day - Vespers (6:00 PM)
- 3rd Hour of the Night - Compline (9:00 PM)
- 6th Hour of the Night - Midnight Hour/Nocturns (midnight)
- 9th Hour of the Night - Matins/Orthros (3:00 AM)
This is helpful in tracking the liturgical day, and especially in reading the hours of the divine office.
- Dimensions: 12 inches (30 cm)
- Lens: Glass
- Battery: 1 AA (not included)
Delivery & Returns
Our icons are hand-crafted and made-to-order. Allow time for production. Please note that your chosen shipping method does not include production time. (For example, if you select 2 day shipping, your order will be delivered 2 days after it ships, not 2 days after the order is placed.) Please visit our Shipping FAQ page for more information about how long you can expect production to take.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. Also note that we ship international orders DDU. When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page. Click here to learn more about shipping.
We allow returns for many of our items, but restrictions apply. Please visit our Return Policy page for more information.