With this amazing candle incense burner, exclusively from Legacy Icons, combine the gentle fragrance of your favorite incense and the gentle glow of candle light as you offer your prayers to God. Ideal for homes where low smoke and no mess is necessary or desired, while still using incense in prayer.
This incredible incense burner, available in your choice of brass, nickel, and 22-kt gold finishes, uses a candle instead of charcoal, resulting in a cleaner burn of pure incense fragrance. The small amount of smoke generated is pure incense fragrance, with no smoky charcoal odor.
It also features an inscription of Psalm 140:2 around the tray: "Let my prayer arise in Thy sight as incense, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice."
The height of the incense pan is adjustable for more or less heat and smoke. (5.5 inches tall)
Use & Safety Tips
- To use, place a tea light candle in the bottom tray and light it. Place incense into the incense pan. It will begin emitting fragrance within about 30 seconds.
- Incense burners become hot during use. Handle with care. This censer is designed for stationary use, not to be carried around.
- For best results, use beeswax tea light candles. Regular paraffin candles emit black soot that will quickly coat the bottom of the incense pan.
- To clean, allow the censer to cool completely and gently scrape the carbonized incense off the grate with your fingers or a non-abrasive tool such as a toothbrush. Freezing the grate can make stubborn pieces more brittle and easier to remove.
- Place a small piece of aluminum foil on the grate and put the incense on the foil for effortless cleanup. This is especially recommended for incenses with a low melting point, such as Amber.
- Always use tongs or a spoon to handle incense grains in the censer.
Disclaimer: there is no such thing as too much incense, but my wife likes to dramatically choke when she enters the room. At least I think it’s my wife, but if I am doing it right I can’t see who she is! So, I’m reduced to this ingenious and attractive device that doesn’t give off much smoke or, unfortunately, scent. Maybe it depends on which incense you use. I will say I seem to recall better performance with the original plastic cased tea lights. The ordinary metal ones like you might find at Hobby Lobby don’t seem to burn as well. I would order the original kind, but don’t find them sold separately and Legacy did not respond to my inquiry. So, this seems to be a work in progress for me—right incense prepared correctly, proper candles—before I could say they meet my expectation. As for use, it’s pretty simple but requires care because every part of the metal gets really hot, so you probably won’t be adjusting anything after a few minutes.
Legacy Icons response: If you move the incense pan down closer to the flame, it will generate more smoke. You might also try placing a little aluminum foil in the tray under the incense, to diffuse the heat more. We do recommend the use of beeswax tea light candles.
We've owned this burner for two years. It is easy to use and clean. Highly recommend!
I have purchased two of these, and I love them. They are beautiful & easy to use. I recommend getting replacement incense pans. If you burn incense this is a must have for many reasons--ease being near the top.
This burner is amazing for indoor use and especially for prayer. I myself enjoy the traditional charcoal method of burning incense, but my wife and grandmother love the way this smokeless incense burner controls the smoke output. It's a great way to introduce first timers to incense and it defintley helps with prayer through its ease of use, especially with setup and clean up. There is no carbon monoxide emitted with this burner, which is a huge benefit. Lastly awesome customer service from Legacy Icons. I hope this review is helpful to anyone interested in purchasing this burner.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please note that our icons and some other items are hand-crafted and made-to-order. Allow time for production. Please visit our Shipping FAQ page for more information.
We allow returns for many of our items, but restrictions apply. Please visit our Return Policy page for more information.