This amazing candle incense burner features a compact and simple design, exclusively from Legacy Icons. Combine the gentle fragrance of your favorite incense and gentle glow of candle light as you offer your prayers to God. Ideal for homes where low smoke and no mess is desirable, while still using incense in prayer.
The spectacular hardwood and brass incense burner features a beautifully carved hardwood base, and an inscription of Psalm 140:2 around the brass tray: "Let my prayer arise in Thy sight as incense, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice."
Burn your incense easily with a candle instead of charcoal, resulting in a cleaner burn of pure incense fragrance with the small amount of smoke generated, and no smoky charcoal odor. Using the adjustable pan, you can increase the heat and smoke by bringing the incense closer to the flame. (Overall height is 5 inches.) With the new wooden handle, the height can be more safely adjusted while the flame is burning.
Use & Safety Tips
- To use, place a tea light candle in the bottom tray and light it. Place incense into the incense pan. It will begin emitting fragrance within about 30 seconds.
- Incense burners become hot during use. Handle with care. This censer is designed for stationary use, not to be carried around. For adult use only.
- For best results, use beeswax tea light candles. Regular paraffin candles emit black soot that will quickly coat the bottom of the incense pan.
- To clean, allow the censer to cool completely and gently scrape the carbonized incense off the grille with your fingers or a non-abrasive tool such as a toothbrush. Freezing and gently flexing the grille can make stubborn pieces more brittle and easier to remove. (Replacements are available.)
- Place a small piece of aluminum foil on the grille and put the incense on the foil for effortless cleanup. This is especially recommended for incenses which tend to liquefy, such as Amber.
- Always use tongs or a spoon to handle incense grains in the censer.
This 'Smokeless' Incense Burner with wooden base replaces the previous all-brass version, which has been discontinued.
Smokeless Incense Burner
Finally, a product that performs as advertised! No more fretting during prayer that the smoke detector may go off at any time. Burns cleanly and evenly producing little to no smoke yet releasing fragrance as well or better than charcoal.
Very nice for use at home with a few caveats.
I love using incense at home. But the cost of charcoal becomes prohibitive and even one burn creates more smoke than desired in a home environment.
This burner is the answer, but can be frustrating at first, so here are some tips to help!
Don't give up when it doesn't work at first. This burner takes a bit more attention than charcoal and some incense just does not work well. But after you get the hang of it, it is perfect for at-home use.
1, Avoid very resinous, large incense as it can melt right down through the screen (especially when #3 below is not heeded).
2. Keep the screen clear. When it gums up, it just won't work. It needs to breathe.
3. Resist the urge to get the screen down into the flame. You'll overheat/melt the incense too fast and it'll gum up or even flare up.
4. Give it a stir. The incense actually burns very slowly, so an occasional stir will expose parts of it to the heat and revive the smoke.
5. It gets hot! Be careful to not grab the metal parts without considering how hot it will be!
My wooden handle came clean off, but I fixed it myself. The glue holding the threaded metal rod onto the wooden handle was far too weak. Some JB Weld did the trick. :)
The threaded friction fit is a bit finicky but gets the job done (just remember how hot ALL metal parts get during use).
All in all, the few shortcomings are worth it. I have come to love this burner.
A quick burn of just a few grains is possible and pleasing.
No overwhelming amounts of smoke.
It just takes a little effort and you'll love this burner! If you have too much smoke or can't keep buying charcoal, follow the steps above for a great solution.
"Smokeless" Incense Burner
This is a truly beautiful piece and simple to use. I definitely recommend using a small piece of aluminum foil on the grille for easy clean up. Thanks for a wonderful product!
Beautiful and Functional
What a wonderful incense burner - so easy to use.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. Also note that we ship international orders DDU. Click here to learn more about shipping.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please note that our icons and some other items are hand-crafted and made-to-order. Allow time for production. Please visit our Shipping FAQ page for more information.
We allow returns for many of our items, but restrictions apply. Please visit our Return Policy page for more information.