Understanding Our Estimated Lead Times
When ordering, please patiently keep in mind that our icons are hand-crafted and made to order. It may take several business days to actually ship your order. You can expect the following production and processing times for orders:
- Classic Icons ship in about a week
- Expedited "Rush" icons ship in 1-3 business days guaranteed
- Quick Ship icons ship in 1 business day guaranteed
- Masterpiece Icons ship in about 1-2 weeks.
- Heavy Duty Coating may add up to 5 business days to the production process
- Incense, Devotional Items, etc. ship in 1-2 business days, but sometimes up to a week
- Diptychs, Shrines, and other specialized items ship in about 2-3 weeks
- During high-volume seasons (Easter/Pascha, Thanksgiving, Christmas) large orders may be delayed
If you need your order by a certain date, we offer an expedited 3-day rush option for Classic icons. Otherwise, include a note in your order comments and we will do our best to accommodate your request. (Note: Orders are shipped when all items in the order are ready. If your order is urgent, please order the rush item by itself and place a separate order for other items.)
You may select from a wide variety of shipping services at checkout. The estimated transit times provided by the carriers are given in the Shopping Cart when you click "Calculate Shipping."
U.S. Domestic Service
- First Class Package (2-5 days)
- Priority Mail (1-4 days)
- Priority Mail Express (1-2 days)
- Ground (1-5 days)
- Second Day Air (2 days)
- Next Day Air (1 day)
- 2 Day (2 days)
- First Overnight (1 day)
- USPS (Mail/Post)
- First Class Package International (varies by destination)
- Priority Mail International (6-10 days)
- Priority Mail Express International (3-5 days)
- Standard (2 days to Canada, 3+ days worldwide)
- Worldwide Expedited (1-3 days)
- International Ground (2-7 days, Canada only)
- International Economy (2-5 days)
- International Priority (1-4 days)
- Express Worldwide (1-2 days)
International Customs Duties and Fees (DDU)
Legacy Icons ships Delivery Duties Unpaid (DDU). This means that your shipping quote does not include any extra brokerage fees, customs fees, taxes, or duties charged by your country. If any such costs apply based on the laws of your country, you will be charged upon delivery. Your package may be held at your local post office or carrier office in the meantime. Unfortunately, Legacy Icons has no control over this. We are not able to include the duty in your shipping quote. We have no way of knowing whether your country's authorities will charge a duty, or how much it will be. Please contact your chosen shipping carrier with questions.
There is one exception: we are able to pre-pay duties on USPS First Class service to Canada. If this service is available to you, it is the preferred shipping method.
We use harmonization codes to identify the religious nature of items as much as possible, as many countries do not charge duties on religious items. However, we will not make false customs declarations (reducing the value or declaring an item as a gift), as this is illegal and hurts our relationship with carriers and may ultimately incur fines much larger than the cost of paying duty fees.
Not all services are available for all destinations. "Days" refer to business days, as defined by the carrier (some include Saturdays, others do not). Transit times are estimates that depend on the destination's location. Weather conditions and other factors may increase actual transit times. Contact your chosen carrier for more information.
Cathedral Size Icons
Cathedral Size Icons are a special case. Please see the Cathedral Icon Shipping page for more information.